Fostering collaboration between ICT industry and Academia
“Dialogue between Industry & Academia”
Educate. Elevate. Innovate
Time: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Date: 3rd of December, 2013
Venue: Intercontinental Citystars Cairo
In our methodology of talent development, industry inputs are the major starting point of any activities we pursue. Connecting ICT industry inputs with the talent requirements to the academia is the main purpose for having this one day conference.
The event focuses on two main areas; one is on how to better enhance the quality of our ICT/commerce graduates and therefore increase their employability rates. And the other area is to start the dialogue between different parties in order to integrate the supply with the demand needs;
- Participants from industry will have the opportunity to share their observations on the talent pool.
- Introduced recommendations and programs that would insure receiving qualified talents from the educational system.
- Series of workshops and structured meetings are planned to guarantee continuous feedback.
- Academia Representatives
This Session will focus on :The University Education system and how the IT Industry companies help enhancing the curriculum, infrastructure, skills of graduates.
- ICT Industry Representatives
This Session will focus on : The IT Industry represented by the ITO,BPO and SMEs will discuss the market needs and the required skills from the Egyptian graduates in order to be ready for the local and global market.
- Development and Training Companies Representatives
This Session will focus on: How can we bridge the skill gap between skills needed and ICT market needs and the opportunity to think about our teaching practices and to consider the design of new programs
The event provides an open platform for representatives from different parties to interact and exchange ideas that will trigger collaboration for the benefit for academia and industry.
- IT Governmental bodies
- ICT companies
- Faculties of IT& Commerce
- Training companies
- International organizations