SME’s Development Program for the Egyptian ICT SMEs
SME’s development program is a custom-tailored program to enhance company’s capabilities and provide access to finance for the Egyptian ICT Small and Medium Enterprises through ITIDA, CBE and EBI initiative. It also provides training to people working in these enterprises through Next Technology Leaders’ initiative, also known as NTL. The initiative has multiple IT tracks to train, educate and certify SMEs’ personnel.
As a funding initiative, it is designed to model and launch new credit lines that finance ICT SMEs in addition to a comprehensive range of technical support that nurtures the businesses of these enterprises. Readiness for FinanceIT provides new funding mechanisms, in cooperation with the financial sector, provided by banks with preferential interest rates range from 5% to 7% and 12% according to the enterprise size. The funding ceiling reaches EGP 3 million and offered in accordance with restrictions, procedures, and standards a company must meet and developed in consultation with ITIDA, the financial sector, enterprises and ICT NGOs.
- Support the ICT enterprises through evaluating their scopes of business and provide consultation if necessary to improve the internal and external business ecosystem.
- Provide a comprehensive package of technical help: prepare appropriate feasibility studies for projects, and measure ROIs.
- Invest in catalyst funding, grow and develop businesses. Create more jobs, contribute to and boost economic growth. These goals are achieved by preparing the credit file and action plans according to the requirements of the banking sector. This will convert intangible tech assets into financial value.
- Small enterprises with 10 to 49 employees and annual revenue ranging from EGP 1 million to EGP 10 million.
- Medium enterprises with 50 to 249 employees and annual revenue ranging from EGP 10 million to EGP 80 million.
- Registered in ITIDA Database.
- Fill in SME’s Development Program Form.
- Registered with membership at the Chamber of Information Technology and Telecommunication/ the General Division of the Computer, Software and Digital Economics. The company should have paid the last subscription fees at one of them at least.
- Business permit license issued from Intellectual Property Rights office, affiliated to ITIDA..
- +50% of its capital must be Egyptian property.
- Headquarters must be in Egypt.
Companies interested in benefiting the program advantages should browse terms and conditions, and Program procedures.
You may also download the business plan guide here. الدليل الإرشادي لنموذج خطة الأعمال
- Preparatory/Screening: It includes selecting and determining the companies according to the criteria adopted by the program.
- Diagnostics Assessment: This phase begins with the analysis and diagnosis processes of the accredited companies. It includes developing a plan for implementation and consultancy. It chooses the follow-up team within the company as well as the schedule and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Implementation: This stage processes the “Information Memorandum” which involves preparation, drafts a business plan, audits the financial capacity of the company, and builds a financial plan for the company (3 to 5 future years). It also assists in the evaluation of intellectual property assets for software companies. Finally, it assists in processing the credit file of the company in the case of the need for funding through the financial and banking institutions.
- Follow-up: This stage communicates with the companies throughout the implementation stages of the action plan to overcome obstacles. This follows up the plan payment systems or restructuring (rescheduling) in case the need arises. Besides, it establishes communications with program funders to follow up on the financing stage and disbursement of subsequent payments until full repayment. Post-funding continues periodically until the full repayment of all installments.
- Sign Off: This includes assessing the company, developing recommendations and placing the final report.
For any inquiries, suggestions, comments, remarks, or concerns on the initiative, please contact ITIDA project Management team through the following email email@example.com