Setting up a company in Egypt takes a few simple steps and just a few days.
Following reforms to streamline registration and incorporation, setting up a company now takes just a few days rather than two to three months. With ITIDA at your side to help, you register and incorporate through a central agency: the General Authority for Investment and Free Zones (GAFI) .
There are two main steps: pre-registration and registration.
During this stage, you need to do five things:
- Decide the legal structure of the company
- Ensure that the company to be set up complies with the ICT company laws
- Notify GAFI that you intend to set up a business in Egypt and obtain a comprehensive incorporation package from them
- Obtain a certificate for approval of the company’s name from the Commercial Registry
- Make the guarantee deposit in a bank and issue the power of attorney.
Pre-registration should only take a few days.
During this stage, you need to:
- Verify documents
- Pay fees
- Gain approval from the state notary
- Complete commercial registry
- Become a Chamber of Commerce member
- Assume legal responsibility and juridical personality on the date of registration
- Obtain tax cards and social security for employees after registration.
This stage takes seven to nine working days.
New Investors, please contact:
Ms. Sarah Hefny, International Business Development – Business Analyst
T : +202 3534 5230
Existing Investors, please contact:
Ms. Samar Salem, Head of Investment Management
T : +202 3534 5236